Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Annual Fund?
- The Annual Fund is the top fundraising priority at ECS.
- Annual Fund dollars go beyond what tuition alone covers.
- A strong Annual Fund is vital in supporting initiatives such as teacher development, AMSEE, technology upgrades, and annual Tuition Grants.
Why is participation so important?
- Parent participation is a vote of confidence for our school, faculty, and mission.
- Alumni participation is an endorsement of the education received at ECS.
- Even modest gifts are greatly appreciated and add up to help meet our financial goal.
- High participation rates among board members, faculty, parents, and alumni help attract gifts and grants from foundations, corporations, and other individuals.
Why doesn’t ECS simply raise tuition to cover the Annual Fund?
- ECS is committed to keeping tuition rates as affordable as possible without compromising the mission or quality of programs.
- Annual Fund gifts are 100% tax deductible while tuition is not.
- Tuition is the “price tag” for an independent school education, but not the true cost.
Can I make a gift in honor or in memory of someone?
- Yes! Annual Fund donations in honor of a favorite teacher, coach, or family member are a wonderful way to express your appreciation for someone special.
- Memorials offer a meaningful way to remember a loved one through supporting the ministry of ECS.