The goal of ECS Theatre is to produce excellent shows from tech to design to performances with well-rounded actors and actresses who perform for an audience of One. Exploring theatre under a biblical umbrella grants us the opportunity to navigate the intricacies of what being a Christian in a liberal arts field looks like.
- 2019-2020 Les Misérables and Elf the Musical
- 2018-2019 Oklahoma, The Fantasticks, Freaky Friday Jr.
- 2017-2018 Thoroughly Modern Millie and Annie Jr.
- 2016-2017 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, Bonechiller, and Peter Pan Jr.
- 2015-2016 West Side Story, Frankenstein, and High School Musical Jr.
- 2014-2015 Shrek and Alice in Wonderland
- 2013-2014 Into the Woods, The Curious Savage, and Little Mermaid Jr
- 2012-2013 Wizard of Oz and Anne of Green Gables
- 2011-2012 Beauty and the Beast and Did Someone Say Murder?
- 2010-2011 High School Musical and You Can’t Take it with You
Jacob Mohler as Javert in the 2019 ECS production of
"As its mission statement says, all that we do
at ECS is biblically directed, and the Arts is
no exception. We are made in the image of God, the creator of the entire world. Each person has been instilled with a creative spirit and an eye for beauty. Throughout the Bible, God shows that He values artistic expression and that He expects His image-bearers to be creative as well."
- Jacob Mohler, Class of 2020
THEATRE CLASSES OFFERED
Students in the class study and practice the fundamentals of good communication. We then explore how to structure a strong, compelling and connected speech. Finally, students put the two together and present well formatted speeches focusing on both verbal and nonverbal communication and skills.
Acting class focuses on the Uta Hagen acting technique. Students discover structured ways to approach acting and how to begin dissecting a script. We apply this technique and emotional discoveries through various scenes, monologues, and improv activities.
This class introduces the “behind-the-scenes” elements of theatre. Students are introduced to all the various odd jobs of the theatre in practically every design category. We cover things such as light design, costume design, set design, stage management, and much more.
Participants in Dance class explore all different styles of dance. Students learn basics in ballet, tap, and jazz as well as fun dance combinations and a few energizing dance projects.
LOWER SCHOOL DRAMA
Drama is incorporated into programs throughout the school year at ECS Lower School, especially at Christmas, Easter and other important celebrations.
Each year, third graders are given a choice to rehearse and perform Charlotte’s Web, The Wizard of Oz or The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Regardless of the selection, this production is always a highlight for all involved.
Lower School Music/Drama Teacher