Early Childhood Program
What makes our Early Childhood program at ECS unique?
At Evangelical Christian School, we value our youngest learners and strive to provide them with learning opportunities in which they are able to discover, explore and create using their God-given curiosity. We offer a developmentally appropriate program that fosters learning within the foundation of biblical truth. Our dedicated, loving and capable teachers work collaboratively to provide an abundance of classroom experiences that promote hands-on learning. Our young students develop a love for learning, a sense of independence, and appropriate behavioral skills to last a lifetime.
The mission of ECS is unique in that it is the only school in Memphis that adheres to the covenant model of Christian education. At ECS, you will see your child flourish in a community where home, school, and church partner together to reinforce Biblical truth and academic excellence, which will characterize his educational experience throughout his years at ECS.
As the Early Childhood Coordinator, my role is to come alongside parents and teachers of our early learners, helping to provide a seamless transition into a school setting. If you think ECS could be a good fit for your family, I would love to talk with you about our program. For further information, complete the online form , or contact me at 901.754.4420 or email@example.com .
Early Childhood Coordinator
Overall Early Childhood Program Highlights…
- Each PK, JK and SK classroom has a full time teacher and an assistant.
- Hands-on learning activities in each subject area
- Weekly classes in STEM, Spanish, Music, Library, PE, and Art (JK, SK, and First Grade)
- Interactive whiteboards and computers in each classroom and iPads to incorporate technology into daily lessons
- Before and After School Care program
- Quarterly after school enrichment opportunities for JK, SK, and First Grade students
- Service is incorporated throughout the year and is specific to each grade level.
- Hot lunch program
- Sports opportunities for all Early Childhood students
- PreK students should be 3 years old by June 1st.
- School Day Options: 5 full days, 5 half days (8:15-12:30 pm), 3 full days (T, W, TH), 3 half days (T,W,TH 8:15-12:30pm)
- Target class size of 15
- Developmentally appropriate program that includes a foundational introduction to phonics, math, and pre-writing skills; coupled with gross and fine motor activities for optimal learning and development.
- Special programs, themed activities, and more make for exciting days of fun in PreK!
- JK students should be 4 years old by June 1st.
- School Day Options: 5 full days (8:15 - 3:15) or 3 full days (T, W, TH)
- Target class size of 16
- Full academic curriculum with opportunities for enrichment
- Pre-reading phonics focus through our Benchmark Phonics program, the development of math skills through the use of Growing With Mathematics program coupled with interactive manipulatives, and themed units for Science and Social Studies
- Special programs, themed activities, field trips and more make for wonderful days of fun in JK!
- SK students should be 5 years old by June 1st.
- School Day Options: 5 full days (8:15- 3:15), 5 half days (8:15-12:30)
- Target class size of 18
- Continued development of reading skills using the Benchmark Phonics curriculum, further development of math skills through the use of My Math program coupled with interactive manipulatives, and thematic Science and Social Studies units
- Fifth grade friends, special programs, field trips, and more make our SK classes soar!
- Target class size is 18-20.
- Regular school day is from 8:15 am-3:15 pm.
- Students attend STEM, Art, Music, Spanish, Library, and PE classes each week.
- Foundations and Frameworks helps to deepen reading comprehension skills, word structure, spelling, and continued phonics instruction; My Math curriculum provides interactive foundational and critical thinking math instruction, Science and Social Studies modules enhance other areas of instruction.
- Spring Science Fair, United States technology project, themed activities, special programs, field trips, First Responders service project and more are the wonderful things that make first grade unique!