One of my heartbeats is to equip you for your role as parents.
I am one of you. An ECS parent that has ups and downs in my role as a father to four children. Last week, we had the incredible opportunity to hear from David Thomas and Sissy Goff on the two topics of "Are My Kids on Track?" and "Intentional Parenting." I felt like it was an oil change for my parenting car. My car needed a break, and to get new oil for the mileage ahead. The time with them was encouraging, convicting, and challenging.
One of my heartbeats is to equip you for your role as parents. Throughout this school year, our team will continue to place opportunities in front of you as we partner with you in educating your child(ren).
Another opportunity is a seminar happening in Nashville by the Ethic Religious and Liberties Commission (ERLC). The title of the conference is "Christ-Centered Parenting in a Complex World." The topics will include the following:
- Raising counter-cultural kids
- Shaping children's hearts
- Addressing the problem of pornography
- Navigating technology and media with your kids
- Discussing the birds and the bees
- Pressing on when you fail as a parent
- Championing adoption and foster care
- Making wise decisions on issues like sports and school
The ERLC has assembled some of the most dynamic speakers on thinking about gospel-centered parenting in this culture.I highly encourage you to watch some of these sessions for free live at this link.