ECS is not just a great place to educate your child; it’s a great place to work, too! Our faculty and staff are the reason we can provide the best in academically excellent, Christ-centered education. Together with our school families, they create a community that is supportive, engaging, and compelling.
Head of School
Evangelical Christian School of Memphis, Tennessee, a 50+ year-old discipleship model school, is seeking applications from highly qualified individuals for the position of President and Head of School. The Head of School is the spiritual and professional leader of the school who must lead with wisdom and strategic vision saturated by need for and love of Jesus Christ. The Head of School must exhibit strong vision and leadership while caringly overseeing the school's daily operations including faculty, staff, students and families. Experience in administering large and complex systems, while maintaining a Spirit-filled personal and public life that points toward leadership in a Christ-centered organization is a priority.
As chief administrative officer of a quality K3-12 co-educational, college preparatory Christian day school, the Head of School shall by expected to:
- Anticipate the developing needs of ECS and the community and interpret these needs and changes to the Board of Trustees.
- Be responsible for keeping the Board of Trustees well-informed of all board-relevant matters pertaining to ECS at all times
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees and task forces related to ECS
- Be the administrative and educational leader of ECS
- Provide direction for the academic and administrative operations of ECS and all subsidiary activities in conjunction with the leadership team
- Work with the Board to prioritize, develop and carry out the institutional policies and procedures and major decision-making responsibility assigned to the Board.
- Fund-raising and capital giving is a partnership and shared responsibility between the Board of Trustees and the Head of School. It is the responsibility of the Head of School to work with the Advancement Director to supply the initiatives which will consist of fund-raising and capital giving ideas, motivate the Board of Trustees' actions and participation and, propose development and planned giving plans.
Please submit resume and cover letter to
Ashley Nearn, Executive Assistant.
Below are PDFs of our applications, listed by name. You may call 901.754.7217 if you need further information or have any questions.
[You must have the most recent version of Acrobat Reader to use the electronic fill-in feature. It is a free application available at http://www.adobe.com]
Complete the application, save it to your computer, and then submit as an attachment to email@example.com
SHORT TERM APPLICATION
(for substitute teachers, summer workers, etc.) Complete the application, save it to your computer, and then submit as an attachment to Tracey Bravos, Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org