ECS is not just a great place to educate your child; it’s a great place to work, too! Our faculty and staff are the reason we can provide the best in academically excellent, Christ-centered education. Together with our school families, they create a community that is supportive, engaging, and compelling.
Job Title: Upper School Mathematics Teacher – Algebra I & II
Department: Upper School Mathematics Department
Reports to: Academic Dean / Mathematics Department Chair
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Dean, the teacher is responsible for teaching full-time for the duration of the school year. The teacher should foster the intellectual, social, physical, and faith development of children in the Upper School experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recognizes and supports the unique mission of ECS by upholding a Christian World View
• Demonstrates effective planning skills by preparing lessons designed to implement stated goals and objectives and by incorporating school curriculum objectives in lesson plans
• Demonstrates competence in teaching by demonstrating current, thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter and be able to communicate effectively with students. Be able to organize classroom learning and materials to maximize student time on tasks, as well as motivate student learning
• Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, appropriate behavior, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues
• Demonstrates and differentiates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addresses individual student needs
• Develops and uses effective methods of evaluation that are directly related to curriculum objectives; consistently and effectively evaluates student progress
• Assesses student progress towards learning targets, objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students’ parents and administration.
• Supports other classroom teachers for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of established curriculum and/or individual student plans.
• Establishes a consistent disciplinary approach that promotes self-direction and positive self-image. Sets high standards for student behavior and manages inappropriate behavior effectively for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
• Advises parents of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations, student achievements, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
• Cooperates with school administration and works effectively with all staff members to promote positive relationships with students and parents.
• Be involved in extracurricular activities each academic year. Extracurricular assignments will be determined during the course of the hiring process or determined during the course of the school year to meet the needs of enriching the academic, physical, social, and spiritual growth of our students.
An Ideal Candidate would possess the following qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics. A Master’s degree is preferred.
• A specialty in Algebra.
• Evidence of at least three (3) years of exemplary classroom teaching experience at the high school level (ages 14-18 priority).
• Proven ability to conduct formative assessment and demonstrate technology integration at a high level. Able to work with students varying in ability and learning styles, both nurturing and challenging as necessary.
• Deep understanding of student learning theory, brain-based learning, and differentiated instruction.
• Proven ability to collaborate with teachers regarding student learning.
Competitive compensation and a full benefits package are available.
Evangelical Christian School is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to promoting diversity in the workplace and strongly urges all qualified individuals to apply.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents: cover letter, resume, and employment application (on right of this webpage) to
Below are PDFs of our applications, listed by name. You may call 901.754.7217 if you need further information or have any questions.
[You must have the most recent version of Acrobat Reader to use the electronic fill-in feature. It is a free application available at http://www.adobe.com]
Complete the application, save it to your computer, and then submit as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
SHORT TERM APPLICATION
(for substitute teachers, summer workers, etc.) Complete the application, save it to your computer, and then submit as an attachment to Tracey Bravos, Business Manager email@example.com