Middle School Football
Are you ready for some football?! All rising 6-8 grade boys who are interested in playing football for ECS next fall will start football related drills on Monday, July 17 from 4-5:30 on Legends Field. There will be no try-outs and no cuts. As of right now, middle school coaches this season will be: Jason Saunier, Chad Eoff, Kyle Story and Daniel Holmes. All of our seven games will be on Thursday nights this season with the first game being at home versus Briarcrest on August 24. Please contact Daniel Holmes at email@example.com if you have any middle school football related questions. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of boys out there this summer. Let's get ready to have some fun!! #EagleUp
Middle School Boys' Cross Country
Our Mission: We will seek to honor Christ in all that we do with an emphasis on the spiritual, physical and mental aspects of running a race.
Summer work-outs: Begin Monday, July 17, 2017. We will meet in the parking area between the entrance and exit just off Mullins Station Rd. at 6:30 in the morning on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday throughout the summer until school starts. Practice will last for one hour. The guys should wear shorts and a t-shirt or singlet and bring a stopwatch. I will provide the water for them.
Practices after school starts: I will take the boys in the school van over to Shelby Farms for practice. We will leave at 3:05 and be back at 4:30. Most days we will park in a lot directly across from the playgrounds. Most of guys ride back with me to school.
Cross Country Meets: Will be at Shelby Farms on Wednesdays probably beginning on Wednesday, August 30th with the championship on September 27, 2017.
If interested: Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School Girls' Cross Country
If your daughter is looking for a way to get connected, get in shape, and have fun, cross country is a great way to do all three! During the season we go paddle boating, do Sonic runs every Friday, get a team t-shirt, do fun obstacle courses at Shelby Farms, have movie night before the championship meet, and meet weekly during lunch for sister time and devotions! Each year we have a small group of girls who brave the heat together and learn to persevere in the Lord's strength while cultivating relationships outside of the classroom. Your daughter does not have to enjoy running or be good at running to be a valuable part of the team. If you're interested, please email Coach Mac at email@example.com.
Here are the details:
- Starting Monday, July 17th, we will meet at Shelby Farms at 7 a.m. M W F in the grassy area next to the playground restrooms. Make sure you email me before then so I will have your email address for summer updates. Your daughter will need to bring the following: water bottle, watch that has a stopwatch, and a towel.
- Once school starts, practices after school will be 4 days a week (schedule TBA) at Shelby Farms from 3:15-4:30. I will transport the team. Pickup will be at 4:30 at Shelby Farms in the grassy area across the road from the playground restrooms or 4:40 at school. We will have some interval workouts at the track, also. The schedule will be emailed on Sunday p.m. each week.
- The meets will be on Wednesdays after school at Shelby Farms.
2017 Theme: S.H.A.P.E. = Strength Humility Attitude Perseverance Endurance
Season verse: = Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. I Cor. 9:24
- Memorize the verse for the 1st day of practice.
- Our devotional times will focus on spiritual and physical self-discipline, how being self-discipline is an act of worship, and what that looks like as a middle school girl.
Middle School Girls' Soccer
Middle School Girls Soccer is for rising 6th-8th grade girls. We will have tryouts on May 15 and 16 from 3:30-5:30 at the Macon campus. Practices will begin mid-July on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm-7:30pm. The coaches will be Scott Hauss and Andy Ellzey. Our games will begin about a week after school starts and go until about October 1st. If you have any questions, please contact Scott Hauss at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 901-413-9253.
Middle School Volleyball
Lady Eagles volleyball for the fall of 2017 will be an exciting time for both returning and new players. Returning a core of very talented players, the team has also sent a number of 8th graders on to high school leaving positions for those who will battle for them! There will be opportunities for both experienced and first time players. Tryouts will be held on May 10 and 11 from 3:00-5:00 in the Middle School gym. Looking forward to seeing you at tryouts!